//FREE REALMS PRESS RELEASES
//FREE REALMS ASSETS
//MORE INFO ABOUT FREE REALMS
Genre: Online Virtual World
Platform: PC (April 28, 2009); Mac (November 3, 2010); PlayStation®3 (March 29, 2011)
Rating: PlayStation®Network: E 10+ for crude humor and fantasy violence
PC: E 10+ for crude humor and fantasy violence
Mac: E 10+ for crude humor and fantasy violence
Developer: Sony Online Entertainment LLC
Publisher: Sony Online Entertainment LLC
Price: Free with an optional Membership subscription and micro-transactions
Free Realms™ is a free-to-play, online game for the PC, Mac® and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system that features an endless array of exciting gameplay activities, minigames, and adventures to entertain a diversity of players. From ninja fighting and scoring soccer goals to battling pirate ships and decorating player housing, in Free Realms players can be and do whatever they want when they want! With over 20 million registered players on the PC, Mac and PlayStation3 systems, Free Realms offers a fun, social environment to connect with old and new friends while participating in live events and community activities.
Free Realms allows players to live and build their own customized world. Encouraging creativity, Free Realms welcomes players to bring their online world to life and show off to their friends. Looking for a great adventure? Players can unlock jobs like Ninja, Warrior and Wizard to battle enemies as they search for lost treasure or duel other players. Battling not for you? Players can hang out with their pets, show off their eye for fashion, mine for gold, cook up a meal, or race their car! Free Realms is an unparalleled place to join up with friends to discover, explore, compete, chat, share achievements and just have fun!
- Fun Now, No Waiting: Free Realms is easy to access! Get in the game quickly and easily from www.FreeRealms.com or the PlayStation®Store, create a character, and adventure in a fully immersive social game world within minutes! Click on the Game Guide to access the Activity Finder, Events Calendar, 3D and 2D minigames, quests, Match Making and more!
- Be Whoever You Want: With more than a dozen jobs to get into and a wide array of wearable combinations, players can find the perfect profession, or try them all! Jobs include: wizard, blacksmith, medic, archer, warrior, ninja, brawler, chef, miner, demolition derby driver, kart driver, adventurer, postman, soccer star, and fisherman.
- Fun for Everyone: With so much to do and see it’s easy for players to find something fun for you! Start by playing minigames like cooking, mining, soccer, Demolition Derby, or Pirate’s Plunder. Players can decorate their player house with a party dance floor, rocket ship or talking tiki head, or create a maze with any number of items and invite friends over to race through it. The action doesn’t stop there; players can participate with the entire community at live event Boss Battles or in holiday quests, attend in-game concerts and learn boom box dance moves.
- Vibrant, Deep Environment: There are eight distinct, unique and breathtaking environments for players to explore. Areas include the snowcapped mountain villages of Snowhill, the dark and mysterious swamps of Blackspore, and the sunny shores of Seaside.
- Connect with Friends: Whether one is meeting up with old friends or finding new ones, Free Realms players can connect, play, quest and adventure together. For group quests and multiplayer battles, players just log in to see what their friends have been up to, select them from their friends list and join them in game.
- Play Free or Upgrade: At its heart, Free Realms is free-to-play, with more than 800 quests and the ability to take each job through level four. But players who want to break through to the next level can become Members with access to an additional 400 quests and the ability to level all jobs up to 20. Memberships are offered in terms of one month, three months, six months and lifetime, which is valid for the life of the game. Members and free players can also purchase a variety of items and wearables through micro-transactions.
- Family-Friendly: Recently recognized by Creative Child Magazine with a 2010 Creative Toy Award Seal of Excellence and The National Parenting Center with a 2012 Seal of Approval, Free Realms is a fun online experience to share with the entire family. Parental controls on the PC allow for the customization of safety options, include pre-canned and white-list chat, reporting and filters for younger players. For kids who enjoy playing on the PS3™, robust parental controls are innate to the PlayStation®3 system.